"Linda changed my life. I've never felt so safe."
Linda Charnes, LMFT - Counseling & Psychotherapy Practice
After 20 years as a couple and individual therapist, I've learned some things about myself.
The relationship that develops between me and my clients is everything. When a client shows up in my office in pain or distress, what I see is their potential, their possibilities, and the seed of what their life can become when they relax into who they are and begin to let their true self come forward.
Our relationship is built upon my complete acceptance of you, just as you are.
Whatever you've done and whatever has been done to you
However you found yourself in my chair
Despite any shame or blame you might feel
I accept you completely
There is no room for judgment in our relationship
"Linda's work challenges my partner and me to dig deeper in our quest to learn, love, and accept our ever-evolving selves and one another. There are not enough words to express my/our gratitude for the lessons and growth she brings to our lives." - MC
A MUTUAL COMMITMENT
I am fully dedicated to the progress and welfare of each individual and couple I treat. Of course, therapy is a mutual commitment.
My commitment to you:
- I will bring my undivided attention to our sessions, and bring my total focus to helping you feel better.
- Even when you can't believe in your own ability to feel better and build a happier life, I will always believe in your potential.
- I accept every part of you fully.
- Over 20 years of therapy I've seen and heard it all. There will never be a need to hide your fears, your defenses, your worries, or your drama.
Linda's support, diligence, and open perspective have allowed me grow at my own pace, and I feel a new sense of readiness toward my future and goals. All I can really say is thank you, Linda, for always helping me from the most genuine place in your heart. I don't know where I'd be without you!"- VC
I attended graduate school at Drexel University, where I received my master's degree in Marriage and Family Therapy. I completed additional studies at The John Hevesi Institute in London, England. I have received further postgraduate education and training in a variety of contemporary therapies.
Therapy is critical during the pandemic
Each and every one of us is currently experiencing something we have never gone through before. These times will test our character, our ability to manage stress, the strength of our relationships, and our self-esteem. You may be experiencing this alone, or with a partner, roommate, friends, or family. It is a challenge to keep your peace of mind and to maintain healthy relationships during this stressful time.
May I make a suggestion?
Use this time to evolve.
- Allow yourself to be rattled, cracked open, and stirred around.
- Give yourself the time to discover who you really are, what is important to you, and how you stand in your own way.
- Believe that self-development and change are possible.
- Work on acceptance of yourself and of others without judgment
- Allow yourself to give and receive love.
Sessions are offered virtually via teletherapy as my office slowly re-opens for in-person sessions. We can discuss this during our consultation call.