I have been a psychotherapist for over 20 years.
I practice both long and short-term psychotherapy with individuals, couples, families, and groups treating a variety of issues, including relationships, bulimia, weight reduction and maintenance, parenting, family, singles, depression, anxiety, and addictions.
I practice psychodynamic psychotherapy, using a family counseling perspective, and also utilize cognitive and behavioral strategies in treatment.
Using all of these approaches helps solve current unhappy situations, while resolving the roots of your issues to insure long lasting changes. Together, we uncover and reshape old, faulty beliefs which have been limiting your life. You will gain emotional skills to achieve what truly makes you fulfilled.
Our work provides a safe environment for hope, trust and happiness.
I provide the tools, structure and support every step of the way. I work with you to discover and use your strengths, talents, and assets. The psychotherapeutic journey is exhilarating, but can also, at times, feel frightening. You are asking yourself to really change, and that can feel challenging.
• I help you to discover joy and become a happy person.
• I take the time to find out what success in life means to you.
• I challenge you to uncover and change what limits your happiness.
• I believe you have the answers within yourself.
• I help you to see all the existing possibilities.
• I help you to see that you are not your behavior; I understand your behavior and accept you unconditionally.