• How Psychotherapy Really Works by Willard Gaylin, M.D.
• Love’s Executioner by Irvin D. Yalom
• The Fifty Minute Hour by Robert Lindner
• Dreams by C. G. Jung
• The Undiscovered Self by C.G. Jung
• Love and Will and the Discovery of Being by Rolo May
• Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankel
• Keeping the Love You Find by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D.
• The Relationship Cure: Strengthening Your Marriage, Family and Relationships by John Gottman
• Mindful Loving: 10 Practices for Creating Deeper Connections by Henry Grayson, Ph.D.
• Men Are From Mars, Women are From Venus by John Gray
• Women Who Love Too Much by Robin Norwood
• The Verbally Abusive Relationship by Patricia Evans
• Co-Dependent No More by Melody Beattie
•The Relationship Cure by John Gottman
•Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work by John Gottman
•Private Lies:Infidelity and the Betrayal of Intimacy by Frank Pittman
•After the Affair by Janis Spring
•Hold Me Tight by Sue Johnson
Improving Sexual Relationships
• Passionate Marriage by David Schnarch
• Sex for Dummies by Dr. Ruth K. Westheimer
Families and Children
• The Family Crucible – An Intensive Experience of Family Therapy by Augustus Y. Napier, Ph.D.
• The Drama of the Gifted Child by Alice Miller
• When Someone You Love Has a Mental Illness by Rebecca Woolis, M.F.T.
• On Death and Dying by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, M.D.
• The Mother Dance by Harriet Lerner, Ph.D.
• My Sister, My Self – Sibling Relationships by Vikki Stark
• Siblings Without Rivalry by Adele Faber
Child Sexual Abuse and Trauma
• The Courage to Heal – A Guide for Women Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse by Ellen Bass
• Surviving Childhood Sexual Abuse by Carolyn Ainscough and Kay Toon
• Invisible Girls – The Truth About Sexual Abuse by Dr. Patti Feuereisen
• The Lost Boy by Dave Pelzer
• Ghosts in the Bedroom – A Guide for Partners of Incest Survivors by Ken Graben, M.A.
• The Untouched Key – Tracing Childhood Trauma and Creativity by Alice Miller
• Healing the Child Within – for Adult Children of Alcoholics by Charles L. Whitefield, M.D.
• Perfect Daughters – Adult Daughters of Alcoholics by Robert J. Ackerman, Ph.D.
• The Big Book and The Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous
• Still Waters – Sobriety, Atonement, and Unfolding Enlightenment by William Alexander
• Overcoming Addictions – The Spiritual Solution by Deepak Chopra, M.D.
• Addictive Thinking – Understanding Self-Deception by Abraham J. Twerski, M.D.
• The Obsession: Reflections on the Tyranny of Slenderness by Kim Cherin
• The Hungry Self: Women, Eating and Identity by Kim Cherin
• When Food is Love by Geneen Roth
• It’s Not About Food – Ending Your Obsession With Food and Weight by Carol Emery Normandi
• When Women Stop Hating Their Bodies – Freeing Yourself from Food and Weight Obsession by Jane R. Hirshman and Carol H. Munter
• Bulimia – A Guide to Recovery by Lindsey Hall and Leigh Cohn
• Bulimia – A Guide for Family and Friends by Roberta Trattner Sherman, Ph.D.
Natural Healing / Health
• 8 Weeks to Optimum Health – A Proven Program for Taking Full Advantage of Your Body’s Natural Healing Power by Andrew Weil, M.D.
• Spontaneous Healing by Andrew Weil, M.D.
• Meditation for Beginners by Jack Kornfield
• Our Bodies, Ourselves – The Boston Women’ Health Book Collective
• Instant Calm – Over 100 easy-to-use techniques for Relaxing the Mind and Body by Paul Wilson
• The Relaxation Response by Herbert Benson, M.D.
• When Bad Things Happen to Good People by Harold S. Kushner
• Overcoming Life’s Disappointments by Paul Wilson
• How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie